[c-nsp] router suggestion for backup link

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Tue Jul 17 18:37:41 EDT 2018

Gert,

> On 14 Jul 2018, at 08:25, Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:
>
> This very much depends on what this box needs to do, except "2.5 Gbit".
>
> ISR44xx ends at 2 Gbit/s for the 4451, so it's not interesting anyway.

ISRs can get ‘performance’ or ‘boost’ license, with which the internal
shaper “goes to eleven” (with ‘performance’) license and is turned off
completely (with ‘boost’). You can’t run VMs on ISR 4k’s anymore
with those, but the performance goes way above 2.5Gbit/s required.

The latest slide decks on ciscolive.com <http://ciscolive.com/> should have it as this slide
was presented on the ISR architecture session, however all I can
get now fast is this small screenshot from German blog:
https://alln-extcloud-storage.cisco.com/gblogs/sites/48/Bildschirmfoto-2018-02-11-um-14.45.48-500x284.png

--
Łukasz Bromirski
CCIE R&S/SP #15929, CCDE #2012::17, PGP Key ID: 0xFD077F6A