[c-nsp] Leaked Video or Not (Linux and Cisco for internal Sales folks)

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Jun 28 12:41:24 EDT 2018

On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 at 19:22, Sami Joseph <sami.joseph at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the main reason for J to build ELS ?

As far as I can ascertain they changed Marvell to Broadcom and needed
to program things differently. Instead of abstracting this without
user visible changes, they just exposed different keys to user visible
configuration.  Not unique thing vendors do, I see no reason why ES+
in Cisco needed to get EVC CLI, why not just map EVC as subinterface.

But it is what it is. Ultimately it's minor inconvenience if you have
proper source of truth in formal format, translating it to multiple
informal  formats isn't that expensive.

--
  ++ytti