[c-nsp] Leaked Video or Not (Linux and Cisco for internal Sales folks)

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Jun 28 12:54:30 EDT 2018

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 07:41:24PM +0300, Saku Ytti wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 at 19:22, Sami Joseph <sami.joseph at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What is the main reason for J to build ELS ?
[..]
> But it is what it is. Ultimately it's minor inconvenience if you have
> proper source of truth in formal format, translating it to multiple
> informal  formats isn't that expensive.

Except that with ELS, it's more subtle than "just a different way how
to configure a VLAN" since they also changed parts of the *logic* what
you need to do to successfully enable VST on a VLAN.  Like, pre-ELS,
it's "just there", and post-ELS, you configure a VLAN the usual way
and things explode because "no STP".

Yes, you shouldn't need to rely on STP in the first place, but this
is just plain annoyance.

(Yes, we have templates for both pre-ELS and post-ELS, but having to
figure out what is new now and how and why port-unrelated things have
to be changed was an unneccessary waste of lifetime)

gert