[c-nsp] [External] Re: Support for CFP2

Hunter Fuller hf0002 at uah.edu
Fri Jan 19 13:24:42 EST 2024

I know when we are talking about DWDM my usual expectation these days
is to use a "0km optic" (aka one that is meant to launch just far
enough to make it into an amp)... so one of those (from anyone, e.g.
fs.com, whatever) followed by an amp might be doable? I would advise
you to contract someone to work that out though (I myself don't even
fully understand the intricacies).

the point of the 0km optic is that it fits in QSFP+ generally. It's a
lot to ask, to get a precisely tuned DWDM wave coming out of a lil
QSFP+ at ZR levels.

The other option of course being to send it LR and then use a
transponder closer to the DWDM gear, as Nick suggested.

--
Hunter Fuller (they)
Router Jockey

Office of Information Technology