[c-nsp] [External] Re: Support for CFP2

Shawn L shawn at rmrf.us
Tue Jan 23 14:54:16 EST 2024

Thanks - we don't really understand the intricacies either.  This is our
first adventure in this area.

The distances are quite large (800+ Km).  It's a dark wave service, though
we don't have to worry about anything in the middle, just the 2 end points.

I'm told Adva / Adtran will be releasing a ZR+ 0dBm QSFP28 that would (or
should) work in Q2 2024, but I'm looking for other options.  I did check
out FS.com, but they're telling me the only option they have available uses
a 200Gig CFP2 and 2 100gig QSFP28s.

Any idea where else we might look?  We'd be happy to engage someone to help
us design a solution, we're just not sure where to turn.

Shawn