[cisco-voip] network down (was: Re: a strange flood of packets from ccm)

Leonardo D'Urso durso at alter.it
Thu May 6 09:43:37 EDT 2004

hi there,

In may 5 at 17.40 the strange flood of packets has done a victim, cisco
catalist core switch, and so all network has gone down. Now we are
opening a cisco tac case.

In the afternoon I have talked with another customer of mine, yesterday we
have done the upgrade from 2.5.sr8 to 2.6, and in this afternoon seems
that publisher has the same behaviour, now after a restart it is quiet.

I don't understand what a kind of problem it is. And why after 4 months we
have the same problem. Is it an os problem, a ccm problem, an ios problem?
Mah!

We have activated also a sniffer, to try to catch detailed info on flood.

--
Leonardo D'Urso              alter.net Srl
e-mail: durso at alter.it       Via Attilio Ambrosini, 177