[cisco-voip] Exchange crashed, Unity not working.

J A Pine versatile at direct-support.com
Thu May 6 12:31:17 EDT 2004

On Sunday we had a circuit failure at my work, which caused a few of our
servers to go down.  Unfortunately one of the servers was our Exchange 2000
server, which ended up frying our RAID card and 2 hard drives.  I had to
rebuild Exchange on a new server, using the same IP and DNS name.  Exchange
is up a running fine, and emails are working perfectly.  Unfortunately we
have Unity running and it uses Exchange as it's message store.  We are
running Exchange 2000 and Unity 4.0.2 on seperate servers.  I have ran
permissions wizard and message store configuration over again, but we are
still receiving access errors in Event Viewer and no voicemails are being
saved.  Has anyone ever had to recover from this before?  What other steps
should I take to fix the problems I am having?

Jesse