[cisco-voip] Calling Name (inbound and outbound) not working on 3640 and NM-HDV-2MFT-T1 48

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Mar 1 09:59:08 EST 2005

Can you capture the output of a 'debug isdn q931' for a test call and
post it?

-Ryan
On Mar 1, 2005, at 9:45 AM, William M. Sandiford wrote:

Hello All:

I need some help

I have a PRI from Telus using NI2 as switchtype connected to a Cisco
3640 with a NM-HDV-2MFT-T1 48 with IOS 12.3(10).

Everything works perfect with the exception of calling name display.  I
can't seem to get Calling Name working either inbound or outbound.  I
have spoken extensively with Telus and they tell me that they will
correctly send and receive Calling Name via NI format.  I did some
research and found the following document that appears to explain the
setup for CallManager, but that doesn't do me any good on a 3640.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/
products_tech_note09186a0080237271.shtml#cm_call_party_name

Apparently there are several ways that calling name can be sent and
received (the document above mentions there are 3)  The problem is that
I can't figure out how to change these settings on a 3640.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill