[cisco-voip] dial plan interesting issue ?

Yunming Song yunming.song at digiconasp.com
Wed Mar 2 15:05:55 EST 2005

Hi Group,

Internally we configure Route Pattern with 9.@ and route filter for local
calls and
long distance calls, which is just normal calls with predial 9.

I add Translation Pattern [2-8]XX[2-9]XXXXXX with prefix 91,
which allows people dial outside number without predial 9.

Since there are quite a few area code starting with 9 (like 901, 978),
if I program above Translation Pattern with [2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX,
978XXXXXXX calls are OK, but the problem is that all other calls
predialing with 9 (like 9 202 XXX XXXX) are recognized as
long distance area code 920 instead of area code 202,
how can fix this issue? Any advice is appreciated.

thanks,
Yunming Song
Digicon Corporation
571-323-5030