[cisco-voip] MTP Resources and CIPC

Court Schuett cschuett at hprlogistics.com
Thu Mar 3 13:51:16 EST 2005

Hello,

We rebooted our ICS the other day and it seems to be having some
troubles.

We have people who VPN in and use their IP Communicator's to place and
receive calls.  The problem is that, since the reboot, inbound calls
from the outside cannot be answered by people with IP Communicators.
Inbound calls from within our network are just fine.  Outbound calls to
either our network or out the PRI work fine as well.  However, whenever
a call comes in from the outside and a person with an IP Communicator
tries to answer it, both parties get a fast busy signal.  In the Event
Viewer on the CCM, there is this error:

Error: MtpNoMoreResourcesAvailble - No more MTP resources available.

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: HPRLMCM1-Cluster

Node ID: 192.168.200.3

Explanation: MTP resource is not available.

Recommended Action: Install additional MTP or transcoder resources.

That error shows up twice for each call attempted.  I try restarting the
MTP in the Call Manager, and it looks like it worked.  I see the event
in the Event Viewer, but it doesn't seem to have fixed anything.

Everything was working before the reboot, and nothing should have
changed on the reboot to affect it like this.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Court Schuett

cschuett at hprlogistics.com

630-909-5560

ATTENTION:
The information contained in this message may be legally privileged
and confidential. It is intended to be read only by the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that
any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify
the sender and/or Fenwick & West LLP by telephone at (650) 988-8500
and delete or destroy any copy of this message.