[cisco-voip] Upgrade by net to CCM 4.01

Tim Reimers tim.reimers at asheville.k12.nc.us
Fri Mar 4 10:27:20 EST 2005

I wouldn't do it remotely---

We recently upgraded, and our vendor _insisted_ upon coming onsite...

We also had some problems with Directory Services being corrupt.

We basically had to run the upgrade four times- and on the fourth time,
a file called

cleanDS.cmd

ran and completed..

Still logged a failure in c:\Program Files\Common
Files\Cisco\Directory\IntegratedSetup.trc

This was the original install that was logged in that directory-
"Exit escapeForLDAPModify:
Renaming the cleanDSA.cmd..
Creating the dummy cleanDSA.cmd..
[7-6-2004] - [12:51:58]
-------End of Install------"

This was what the failed installs looked like:
"Exit escapeForLDAPModify:
Renaming the cleanDSA.cmd..
Renaming cleanDSA.cmd failed. Leaving the file as it is.
[2-11-2005] - [18:21:39]
-------End of Install------"

At the end of the day, (at 4:30 AM) the upgrade finally completed, and
other than some abnormalities
in functions, (things Cisco changed), we're doing fine..