[cisco-voip] Blocking calls that are on the "Do Not Call Registry"

Brian Feeny bfeeny at mac.com
Mon Mar 7 20:24:13 EST 2005

I am needing to block calls to phone numbers that are on the Do Not
Call Registry.  The DNC Registry is a national list of phone numbers of
people that do not wish to receive unsolicited calls.  I have the phone
numbers in CSV format, and also loaded into a database.

Is it possible, with just regular CallManager, to have it check a
database and if a number matches, don't allow the call?  What about
allowing an over ride using a PIN so that then the call may be
possible?

I really don't think it feasible to load the entire DNC registry into
CM as regular destination patterns, the list is just too much.  But if
CM would query a database, then that may make it more manageable,
easier to update, etc.

Another thought was a script, that could query the database, and based
on return value dial the call (let it go thru) or reject the call.  I
think this would require IPCC however.  Does anyone know if something
like this could be scripted without IPCC?  Any pointers would be
appreciated.

I would think this type of functionality is in use at many sites since
compliance with the DNC Registry is very important.  I am hoping
CallManager has functionality that can accomplish this.

Brian