[cisco-voip] *RESOLVED* 7970 phones not failing over in CCM 4.1.2

Mike Newell mnewell at spottydogs.org
Wed Mar 9 08:46:07 EST 2005

Ok, thanks to Kevin at Cisco this problem is fixed.  Yea!

As was hinted at by many responses (thanks all!) the problem was related
to the CTL client.  Apparently I had done something out of order during
the install and the CTL files were not properly set up.  I guess the
biggest hint was that the CallManager Configuration list in the phone
showed all CallManagers and the CAPF server as "0.0.0.0".

The fix was to re-run the CTL client to reconfigure everything.  Once that
was done I reloaded the phone and now everything works as expected (more
or less; are the phones supposed to deep boot when switching
CallManagers?)  Note that the phone needed to access the original
Subscriber 1 to completely clear up the problem; I guess the on-board
configuration on the phone was also hosed and needed to be reset.

Moral of the story: Make sure your test plan includes failover BEFORE
deploying!!  Saved ME a ton of grief!

Thanks!

Mike