[cisco-voip] No ANI problem

Paul Gani cisco at gani.com
Thu Mar 10 07:40:57 EST 2005

I have an AS5300 IOS 12.3(12) connected to an E1 PRI.  I am receiving H323
calls from various carriers which each have their own prefix for billing
purposes.  In addition, I have a translation-rule which sets each
carrier's ANI to a specific number, again for billing purposes.  My config
looks like this (modified):

translation-rule 2000
  Rule 1 any 6400083362
!
translation-rule 3000
  Rule 1 any 3000078116

translation-rule 50307051
  Rule 1 any 8500068030

dial-peer voice 3333 pots
  description FROM CARRIER1
  destination-pattern 1234T
  translate-outgoing calling 2000
  direct-inward-dial
  port 0:D
!
dial-peer voice 4444 pots
  description FROM CARRIER2
  destination-pattern 5678T
  translate-outgoing calling 3000
  direct-inward-dial
  port 1:D
!
dial-peer voice 402200501 pots
  description FROM CARRIER3
  destination-pattern 9876T
  translate-outgoing calling 50307051
  direct-inward-dial
  port 2:D

The problem is, calls from carrier's 1 and 2 are delivered to my E1 with
my fixed ANI.  But calls to carrier 3 are NOT!  It's as if my
"translate-outgoing" rule is being completely ignored.  Here's a debug
isdn q931:

Mar  9 19:26:48 EST: ISDN Se2:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref =0x5F62
         Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3
                 Standard = CCITT
                 Transfer Capability = Speech
                 Transfer Mode = Circuit
                 Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
         Channel ID i = 0xA9839F
                 Exclusive, Channel 31
         Called Party Number i = 0x81, '011249183765088'
                 Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

Funny thing is, I have run test calls from a spare AS5300, and when I send
the test calls (with the carrier's 9876 prefix), they go through with my
fixed ANI:

Mar  9 19:29:44 EST: ISDN Se2:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref =0x5F63
         Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3
                 Standard = CCITT
                 Transfer Capability = Speech
                 Transfer Mode = Circuit
                 Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
         Channel ID i = 0xA9839F
                 Exclusive, Channel 31
         Calling Party Number i = 0x2080, '8500068030'
                 Plan:Unknown, Type:National
         Called Party Number i = 0xC0, '011249183765088'
                 Plan:Unknown, Type:Subscriber(local)

OK, I can understand that perhaps carrier 3 is NOT sending any ANI at all
(although they insist they are), but even if they aren't, why doesn't my
"translate-outgoing" rule work to set the ANI anyway?

Thanks,
Paul Gani