[cisco-voip] Revised missing ANI in ISDN call question

Paul Gani cisco at gani.com
Fri Mar 11 07:16:32 EST 2005

I have an AS5300 IOS 12.3(12) connected to an E1 PRI.  I am receiving H323
calls from various carriers which each have their own dial-peer and
destination prefix for billing purposes.  In addition, I have a
translation-rule in those individual dial-peers which sets each carrier's
ANI (calling-number) to a specific number.

The translation-rules work fine, as long as a given call from a carrier
HAS an ANI.  If a particular call has no ANI, then my translation rule
will add one (I verified using "debug translation detail"), but my E1 PRI
won't put it on the line.  The only way I can figure out to "force" an ANI
on the E1 if none existed in the H323 segment is to do this:

interface Serial0:15
  isdn calling-number 3012345678

However, this completely negates my individual dial-peer translation
rules, and puts the above ANI on EVERY call on that E1 PRI.  Since I'm
trying to share an E1 PRI among more than one carrier, this solution isn't
viable.

So, how can I force/create an ANI on an incoming H323 call (which doesn't
have one) to my E1 PRI?  Note, I have also tried "voip-incoming
translation-rule..." but that also doesn't work.  "debug translation
detail" shows it adding an ANI, but since there was no original ANI
signalling, the call still terminates to the E1 PRI without out.

Paul Gani