[cisco-voip] Revised missing ANI in ISDN call question

Bryan Deaver bdeaver at cisco.com
Fri Mar 11 14:40:28 EST 2005

I believe what you are describing should work using the voip-incoming
translation-rule command.  However, there was a problem in that version of
IOS; CSCef88885.  This was fixed in 12.3(12.5) so you could try 12.3(13) to
verify that this fixes your problem.

I would suggest another method though to accomplish what you want which
should not require you to move IOS releases.  On the matching incoming voip
call leg, try the dial-peer subcommand "answer-address <number>".  This is
used for matching the incoming dial-peer but also will be used as the ani if
there is not one present.  Because this is used as well for matching
purposes on the inbound dial-peer, you may need to use the command "incoming
called-number" to ensure that the proper voip inbound dial-peer is matched
which takes precedence over answer-address for matching purposes.

In case you want to learn more about the whole inbound matching concept and
order of precedence, I have listed a CCO document link below.

Bryan

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a00801
0fed1.shtml