[cisco-voip] Gateway Rotation/Load Balancing

ROY roy at cybees.com
Fri Mar 11 10:39:22 EST 2005

Hi Miguel,

Miguel Villar wrote:
> 	You should use Tech-prefix plus zone prefix routing criteria. For example
> if you need to balance destination 1212XXXXXXX between GW-1 and GW-2 you
> should register both gateways using tech-prefix 1* and then route in GK the
> area 212 to those gateways like:
>
> gatekeeper
> zone local MYGK 10.10.10.10
> zone prefix MYGK 212* gw-priority 10 GW-1 GW-2
> zone prefix MYGK 212* gw-default-priority 0
> tech-prefix 1
> no shutdown

Thanks for the sample above.
What I'm trying to achieve is to span the capacity to handle
simultaneous calls per second. So that, from the pool of registered
gateways, the least busy gets the next call.

Will I be able to do that if I omit the 'gw-priority' and
'gw-default-priority' parameters for a specific prefix?

i.e.

gatek
zone local mygk x.x.x.x
zone prefix mygk 212*