[cisco-voip] Call pickup and phone forwarding issues after upgradefrom 3.3.4 to 4.0.1

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Mon Mar 14 13:10:44 EST 2005

Any reason you didn't go to 4.1.2?

Scott

________________________________

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Tim Reimers
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 8:40 AM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] Call pickup and phone forwarding issues after
upgradefrom 3.3.4 to 4.0.1

All-

We have had our vendor upgrade us from 3.3.4 to 4.0.1-

It went well generally (other than my post about how _long_ it took to
clean DS finally)

We do have two issues-

1. We now cannot answer a call just by hitting the line button-
sometimes a line doesn't work-

    And, sometimes you can't answer the call at all-

I'll post more info as we test- but wanted to know if there were any
TIDs posted on 'answering calls' issues that required touching

the CCM in some way we've not done yet.

2. Call Forwarding- this one is annoying! In previous phone loads, the
message 'Forwarded to xxxxx' appeared on the bottom of the display.

Now, the only way to know if a phone is forwarded is to peer at the
little blinking arrow at the top of the phone-

_many_ of our users want to know if this is configurable and could be
put back the way it was...

thanks, Tim

Tim Reimers
Network Administrator
Asheville City Schools ITT
85 Mountain Street
Asheville, NC 28802

tim.reimers(at)asheville(dot)k12(dot)nc(dot)us
828-350-6180

A mechanism of world inter-communication will be devised, embracing the
whole planet, freed from national hindrances and restrictions, and
functioning with marvellous swiftness and perfect regularity.