[cisco-voip] Upgrade this weekend

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Mon Mar 14 18:51:45 EST 2005

UPDATE:

I upgraded CM from 3.3.4sr2 to 4.1.2sr1, CRS from 3.1.3sr2 to 3.5.2sr1,
and Berbee InformaCast 3.2 to 4.0.

Things went extremely well.  Total upgrade was completed in 6.5 hours.

CM

Did last month:

Upgraded to OS 2.7sr2

SQL has been done for a while so I didn't have to worry about that.

I already had BARS 4.0.5 running nightly so I didn't worrying about
BARS.  I'll upgrade BARS next month to the 4.0.7

This weekend:

I made sure I removed all call forwarding from the Voice mail ports that
are outgoing and MWI.

Ran the upgrade utility

Removed drive and replaced ( if I had to do it over, I would have done
this last month too.  It took a good 30 minutes)

For those that want the play by play:

PUB

            Inserted CD 17:10

rebooted 17:12

Admin user name and password 17:14

Resuming the install 17:17

Asked for Disk 2 17:20

Asked for disk 1 17:55

Finish and reboot 17:56

SUB Followed the same amount of time.  Maybe a minute or two less.

Post install

It really does take ~30 minutes for the sub to pull the DB

I did have a problem with the AD plugin.  The IPMASysUser didn't want to
change the Password via the CM Pwd changer.  I think I was because I
needed to add the user to AD.  Works now.

Hopped on the Unity 4.0.4 server and ran the TSP plugin and Voice mail
started working again.

Ran SR1...... typical SR for CM.  ~5-10 minutes each server.

CRS

Already had the licenses upgraded through licensing department.

Inserted CD into the CRS server and followed the directions.

Clicked everything I did to install it the first time.  Approx time to
install over 3.1.3sr2 25-35 minutes

Post install.

Had to registry hack the CRS server for Voice Monitoring as it picked
the wrong nic.

FYI

The old ICD agents (4.5.2.4) worked this morning but I'm having the
agents load the new 4.5.6.2 agents because Cisco Says (kind of sounds
like a new game :-))

All scripts, applications, CTI ports, Prompts, Wav files stayed
unchanged and continued to work after the upgrade.

Berbee Informacast:

Loaded the JTAPI plugin and upgraded the 3.2 to 4.0.  Everything still
works like before. ~15 minutes.

Good Luck to anyone that is going to do the same.  Cisco did a great job
on the process.

Scott

PS.  Lelio - Yes they are given 4 phone lines but it shows busy after 2
( see attached pic).  This allows the user to transfer calls.  This was
something I needed fixed.  User is on the phone, second call comes in
and user can not transfer.  This is fixed with the extra phone lines.