[cisco-voip] Wireless Headsets

David Sullivan David.Sullivan at barnet.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 05:10:19 EST 2005

On 15 Mar 2005 at 14:49, Blomfield, Adam wrote:

> We have a receptionist using Attendant Console that would like to be
> able to get up from the desk and go into the mailroom behind without
> having to worry about being away from the phone. I was thinking of
> using a Plantronics wireless headset for her, but wasn't sure how the
> lifter would work with the upright design of a 7960. Has anyone use
> this to give any feedback? Anyone have a better solution? I know she
> would have to walk back to her desk to transfer the call, but if she
> could at least answer it from the next room the call won't be missed!
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

We've just put a 7912 in the mailroom itself which is just through a
doorway about 5 feet away from the console with all the lines in the
same pick-up group. The only problem with it is that you can't use
the attendant console itself without walking back and forth or
transferring it back but this may or may not be an issue depending on
how many calls you receive that require a look-up in the directory.

Regards.

David Sullivan
IT Services
Barnet College
This communication may contain privileged or confidential information which
is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please note that you may not distribute or use this
communication or the information it contains.  If this e-mail has reached you
in error, please delete it and any attachment.

Internet communications are not secure and Barnet College does not accept
legal responsibility for the content of this message.  Any views or opinions
expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of Barnet College.

Please note that Barnet College reserves the right to monitor the
source/destinations of all incoming or outgoing e-mail communications.