[cisco-voip] Selectively clearing call history

Tim Medley medley at mac.com
Mon Mar 21 08:41:32 EST 2005

I get this question a lot as well. It escapes me why someone would want to
do this, the call history only keeps 99 entries in chronological order.

I have long suspected what the issue is for users and finally had a user
tell me the truth. The users want to hide from management their call
history. This is a really sad since management gets to see the detailed CDR
reports for monthly billing. If management suspects an issue with a users
phone, we can show them near-real-time CDR reporting via the web.

I submitted a feature request awhile back, but I would imagine that feature
is pretty low on the totem pole.

Why do your users want to clear out the call history?

tm

Tim Medley

http://www.sccp2000.com IP Telephony News, Tips and Tricks