[cisco-voip] Fax Machine Blues

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Mon Mar 21 20:06:58 EST 2005

make sure that all your gateways are set to fax pass-through. and make sure all your fax machines are set to 14.4k rather then 33.6 or an auto setup that starts at 33.6k.  You will also want to make sure that ECM (error correction mode) is turn off on the faxes.  I have not had any problems with the ata's on port two but the wrong speed kills a guy.  most likely why some faxes work and some don't is because the fax on the other side only does 14.4 or 33.6 auto.

Scott