[cisco-voip] MGCP FAX Blues

Erick Bergquist erickbe at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 22:17:08 EST 2005

Hi,

I have been trying to fix a FAX issue for the past 1-2
weeks. We have a 2611XM MGCP Gateway with a ISDN PRI
and CCM 3.3(4)sr2. We have FAX machines off a VG224
MGCP gateway. Most fax's are working fine, but we can
not make outbound FAX's to certain numbers. We have
had these numbers looked at by the telco and involved
carriers and no problems being found. FAX's always
fail to these FAX machines.

If we put FAX machine on a analog POTS line (not VoIP)
it works. If e take FAX machine to another office
(company) next door who has their own seperate AVVID
install w/seperate equipment and PRIs the same FAX
machine can call the problem numbers without issue.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? We have
tried FAX RELAY, FAX PASSTHROUGH, MODEM PASSTHROUGH,
etc.

Thanks