[cisco-voip] Changing TFTP address dynamically

Seth Call scall at metreos.com
Mon Mar 21 23:23:20 EST 2005

Hi Tim:  I basically want a phone to register with a different cluster,
but only when a user directs it to do so.  In this way they can get the
device config off of a different cluster dynamically.   So... to get it
to register to a different cluster is easiest done by changing the TFTP
address to the other cluster, correct?

Thanks Lelio, you say ##*## won't work eh?  That's disappointing news.
It's easy enough to automate that, but if that's not a sure way to get
the phone to take the changes, and you are also saying I have to use the
ccmadmin website... Maybe I could simulate web requests, but isn't
ccmadmin run on an applet clientside? Hmmm...

So, now I'm trying to think how to cause CCM to send a reset
automatically.
I think certain AXL SOAP commands might cause the phone to process a
reset, but that's just my best guess from what I've seen using AXL
somewhat and not paying too close attention to what's going on.

Thanks everyone for their info;  I thought maybe DHCP could be per-MAC
but you guys kindly confirmed it.