[cisco-voip] FXS module breaking

David Wilson dave at dcdata.co.za
Tue Mar 22 00:52:26 EST 2005

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortnuately I don't have a diagram however the setup is very simple.

At the remote office my client has a extension from their PBX into an FXO
port on Cisco router. A leased line then connects the remote office to the
local one. VOIP is sent over the leased line and breaks out an FXS port here
which plugs into my clients local PBX.

For some reason the FXS port lasts for two weeks or so and then just dies.
Each time the FXS port needs to be replaced.

Interesting one eh ? :)

Kindest regards
David Wilson
D c D a t a
Tel +27 33 342 7003
Fax +27 33 345 4155
Cell +27 82 4147413
http://www.dcdata.co.za
support at dcdata.co.za
Powered by Linux, driven by passion !

"Computers are not intelligent. They only think they are."