[cisco-voip] Ip phone are not able to pull address from new DHCP server

Rossella Mariotti-Jones rossella at chemeketa.edu
Tue Mar 22 13:05:50 EST 2005

Hello, we are in the process of activating a new DHCP scope for our IP
phones on a new Windows 2003 Adv. Server. The ip phones have always
pulled an address with no problems from the old server, but they won't
obtain one from the new server. The scope on the new server looks
exactly like the scope on the old server; on both scopes these options
are set:

003 Router

066 Boot Server Host Name

150 Call Manager

151 SVC

004 Time Server

006 DNS Servers

015 DNS Domain Name

On the IP phones Vlan we have the ip helper-address for the new DHCP
server. When we deactivate the scope on the old server and activate it
on the new one the IP phones get stuck on 'Configuring IP' and won't
come up, does anybody have any idea what else I could look? Thanks a lot
in advance for any help you can offer.

Rossella Mariotti-Jones

Network Analyst, CCNA

Chemeketa Community College / IT