[cisco-voip] 7960 IP Phone, rings after the call is answered

Jon Carnes jonc at ftnc.net
Fri Mar 25 09:58:42 EST 2005

Try pressing the line button to see if that answers the call. Also try
pressing the speaker button rather than taking the phone off-hook.

If you are losing packets or the network is congested then the Call
Manager may miss the off-hook signal, but pressing the line appearance
on the phone will generally work (even if delayed).  If that solves the
problem and you don't have packet loss or congestion on your network
then try hanging the phone back up and rebooting the phone.

The ultimate test is to swap out the phone with a working one and see if
the problem follows the phone or stays on that connection.

Good Luck,

Jon Carnes
FeatureTel