[SPAM] - [cisco-voip] backgroung on 7970 - Email found in subject

Carter, Bill WCarter at sentinel.com
Mon Mar 28 11:37:02 EST 2005

On this topic, I read an editorial in on of the free network trade
magazines about the use of TFTP.  Most VoIP vendors rely on TFTP.  The
article discussed the protocol inefficiencies and security problems with
TFTP.  The article was basically an open letter to vendors pleading with
them to use something other than TFTP.

The main stumbling block, of course, is DHCP and how you tell a device
where to get its load and configuration.