[cisco-voip] Browser lock up

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ollie.clive.ia.us
Mon Mar 28 16:58:11 EST 2005

I have the same problem.  I currently run 4.0.1 but ISTR that it
happened in previous versions.  It seems very specific to having a Sun
JRE installed on your system.  I only have the problem the first time
that I start Internet Explorer, and only when I start using the menus
(e.g. Devices->Phone) not when I first log into the system.  It looks to
me like that it's either the initial JRE startup or the applet startup
that it causing the problem.

Unfortunately, I need the Sun JRE for other things so I can't remove it.
My workaround is to never log out (screensaver is password protected)
and to never close my last CCM admin browser window.

Jeff