[cisco-voip] TIP - Mobile Phone Access to Unity Voice Mail withoutprompt for Mailbox ID

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Mar 29 16:57:58 EST 2005

Yes - the alternate extension is great for this. There are caveats, however, in that when you dial the alternate extension, only the primary extension rings. This could be a good thing, could be a bad thing, depending on your use. For cell phones, I don't think this would be an issue however.

You can also add the cell phone to the messages portion and have MWI light for the desktop and cellphone as well.

My question is, how do you configure your voicemail target on your mobile? I'm not a mobile use - is this typically done at the provider or is it user configurable?