[cisco-voip] Having 2 Voicemail systems within the same callmanager

Anthony Mendoza amendoza at Niku.com
Thu Mar 31 16:14:08 EST 2005

We are doing the exact scenario below right now.  What we have are the 2
systems in parallel while we finish configuring the Unity
auto-attendant, etc...  When we do the migration we will do:

1)  Let users know that the old voicemail system will be available using
the pilot point (x8000 for us)
2)  The Messages button will be their new voicemail.

We'll leave both running in parallel and let them know the old Octel
will be around for about 90 days and if they really need to keep
something we'll have to manually record it for them.  This should only
be a very small percentage of our users.  Our Unity right now is
available via x8300 and some users are testing it out while their Octel
box is still in production.

We're going to do a "big bang" migration so that our users won't lose
the ability to forward messages via their handsets.
--
Anthony Mendoza

Aaron Kent sent a message, dated 3/31/2005 12:15 PM about:
> What are your plans for migrating users over, and networking the two
> systems during the migration?
>
> Just curious...

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message and
or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination, copying, or other use of this
prohibited. If you received this e-mail or its attachments in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and
destroy any copies.