[cisco-voip] No More MTP Resources Available

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Jun 5 16:42:16 EDT 2006

Additionally check to see if you have "MTP Required" set for your H.
323 gateway.  This setting will cause CM to allocate an MTP resource
for each call involving the gateway.  The calls won't fail if no MTPs
are available but supplementary services (hold, transfer, etc) will
not function for that call.

Also note that if no codec is specified on an H.323 voip dial-peer
the gateway uses g.729.  In this case calls to phones would work but
any time the gateway is conferenced or hits a g.711 only device a
transcoder will be required.  In this case you can see reorder tone
played to one or more parties.

-Ryan