[cisco-voip] Power consuption by 7941G-GE with POE swithes

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Wed Jun 7 10:41:09 EDT 2006

Anthony-

This just came up on the list a couple of weeks ago and I ran it past my
SE.  The Gig phones require twice the power of the non-gig phones and
therefore you can only run 24 gig phones on a 48 port PoE switch....
Leave it to cisco to come up with such a great design....... NOT.
Basically I got the impression that if you were going to use all Gig
phones to buy only the 24 port switches.   Ci$co.

Scott