[cisco-voip] Training material

Wydra, Jason jwydra at Burwood.com
Wed Jun 7 11:52:38 EDT 2006

I built mine for around $2500. I have four 2600s from Ebay with various
netmods, an ATA186 plus VMware running 2 CCMS, Unity and IPCC Express (2
clusters). The 2600s go for around $150 on Ebay. I don't have any XM
series though. I'm using 1 2600 as a Frame switch and a Gatekeeper. I
have 2 7960's and one 7940. I also bought some cheap analog phones for 9
bucks each.

By the way, just because I'm lazy and don't feel like looking it up,
does anyone know off the top of their head what the bare requirements
are for CME? Platform/memory?

The only thing I'm missing in my lab is a switch with advanced image,
6509, VG248, ISR router. These are all big ticket items that would
definitely bump up the overall cost. Especially if you're crazy enough
to by a 6509 chassis.

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Jonathan
Charles
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:34 AM
To: ash AD
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Training material

That is not true.

I built a CCM/Unity lab for under $1800..

I built a server with 600GB HD space, 4GB RAM and a P4 dual... Loaded
VMWare GSX and built a CCM cluster with Unity...

Granted, I then added a bunch of phones and a 1760 gateway... (I also
had a bunch of routers (2610 and a pile of 2500s) and a 3550 from my
R&S days).

Jonathan

On 6/6/06, ash AD <commo_ssg_31f at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Curt,
>
>    KnowledgeNet offer several great CCVP courses which are much more
indepth
> than your typical CBT. They bring you into simualtion and show lots of
live
> configuration. CBTNuggets is another place to look for great training
for
> those without the equipment. A CallManager lab will cost you more than
> small car so, a good CIPT 1 & 2 course can get you on a good track.
>
> Peter
>

> Curt Shaffer <cshaffer at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Does anyone know of good emulation type training material for CCM and
the
> needed hardware to practice and learn about VoIP the Cisco way? I
would like
> to get some hands on but obviously can't afford to build out my own
lab ;) I
> have experience with Asterisk and I am 3Com VoIP certified, so general
VoIP