[cisco-voip] how to load dsp firmware

Erick Bergquist erickbe at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 20:40:44 EDT 2006

On some modules and DSP models, and IOS versions the DSPWare can be changed by putting special files on the router flash the router looks for but they need to stay on flash to be used. I have personally only seen this sort of fix work once in my experiences where this was needed. The file does need to stay on the flash to be used from my experiences but different hardware/PVDMs may be different.

In the instructions below and in bug id, it states to downgrade to 4.4.12 or earlier , but in the instructions for the verify step it states it should be 4.4.18 version. That doesn't match up.

Did the file get transferred to the router right - it's not corrupt, etc. I would let the engineer know that the special file did not work for you.

What is your actual echo issue you are experiencing? What version IOS? What type of voice port configuration (echo cancelling commands, input gain, output atten, etc)?  Is there a certain call-flow the echo occurs? Who hears the echo (calling party, called party, both?). Only external calls or do you have it on internal calls also (IP to IP Phone)? Echo can be a very complex thing to fix at times.