[cisco-voip] Hardware Suggestion

Teodor Georgiev tgeorgiev at is-bg.net
Sat Jun 10 04:33:23 EDT 2006

    Abdul,

1. Your feature list is anything, but "small" and humble :)

2. Your friend is wrong. 2651 will not handle this capacity, neither does
possess the requested features.

3. The Cisco gatekeeper has very basic functions. You better look at Cisco
IP-IP gateway. Which is not
really a "gateway", but a special IOS image (simply said).

4. I would suggest you to look at carrier-grade softswitches like MERA MVTS,
NexTone, NetCentrex or Teles.
   But even with them is a challenge to meet the capacity requested by you
(10,000 calls)