[cisco-voip] network-clock-select vs. c3745

Andre Beck cisco-voip at ibh.net
Mon Jun 12 09:28:35 EDT 2006

Re,

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 05:40:42AM -0700, Hassan Salama wrote:
> Hi,
>    could you have a look on this document:
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008031a072.shtml
>
> [it may help if you didn't read it before]

It doesn't state anything unexpected. However, I've tried the
network-clock-select on a 28xx that happens to have no voice card
at all and there it behaves the same way, though on another 28xx with
voice BRIs the command is dealt with correctly. It is as well correctly
handled on yet another 3745 with E1 MFTs so the actual problem seems
to be that Cisco forgot to support BRI clock sources on the 3745 platform
(at least). Great, fax wreaks havoc and no way to fix it...

Andre.
--
                  The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-