[cisco-voip] Phone resets after upgrade

Jeff Brittain Jbrittain at ci.hickory.nc.us
Tue Jun 20 11:43:00 EDT 2006

We recently upgraded to CCM 4.1(3)sr3a.  We have 2 phones (that we know about!) that reset multiple times each day and drop the call.  One is a 7960 and one is a 7940.  We have talked to Cisco TAC multiple times, but are still having the same problem.  They both have multiple lines, but a lot of the other phones that work normally do as well!  We have applied the TAC recommended patches on CCM and the phones (firmware), we've capture packets and sent the data to them for analysis, etc.  These users are getting very frustrated since they never know when the phone will reset.  It seems to always be while the phone is active (during a call).  We have moved the phones into a different powered switch, deleted them and added them back, replaced the 7940 phone itself - but, it is still happening.  I'm glad it's only 2 phones, but why??

Does anyone have any ideas before these users become violent!!??

Thanks.

Jeff Brittain
City of Hickory, NC