[cisco-voip] VG224 / SCCP / Modem

Robert Harvey roharvey at flemingc.on.ca
Fri Jun 23 15:24:00 EDT 2006

Hi Jason,

I guess there has been a minor modification to fax/modem support under
SCCP in that they now state fax/modem pass-through is supported;
however, the recommendation remains to use alternate protocols for FXS
ports intended for fax/modem use.

R.

"Modem and fax-relay are not supported on FXS ports with SCCP enabled;
only modem and fax pass-through are supported. Configure FXS ports with
either fax or modems attached in H.323 or SIP mode."

from:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/prod_release_note09186a00804a19ae.html