[cisco-voip] IPCC 4.0(4) upgrading from 3.5(3)

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 18:08:51 EDT 2006

Simple off-box IPCC Express 3.5 upgrading to 4.0(4).... I am starting
the install, I hit the 'backup' button to back up the 3.5, and it asks
for license files after doing some checks...

It comes up and gives me a warning that my IPCC 4 license doesn't have
the same ports as the 3.5 license (less), which is ok, and when I hit
ok,

It does some stuff, says, "Database requested MSDE" and it give me this error:

"Caught Exception accessing Spanlink LCC LDAP data. Please check the log file."

And the installation terminates.

Is there any way to bypass this backup thing (There isn't really
anything there...)

Or fix this error?

There is no log file, I checked the system for all files and nothing
from the time of the error (related to this anyway).

Jonathan