[cisco-voip] 7940 7960 wont grab ip from dhcp off switch

Ted Nugent tednugent69 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 24 12:09:25 EDT 2006

Can you provide a switchport config from one of the
phone ports off the 3750 so we can get a better idea
of what we're looking at? Also, can you check if there
is a helper address on whatever is providing routing
for that VLAN?

Another weird problem I ran into was that most newer
servers these days have the ability to trunk on their
NICs which can cause issues for DHCP if the
circumstance are right. I’m having a hard time
thinking of an example right now but I would check if
the sw port for this DHCP server is trunking and if so
disable it or remove the unwanted VLAN from the trunk.