[cisco-voip] Cisco Desktop Administrator, errors galore...

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 14:58:56 EDT 2006

So, I have IPCC 3.5(3) installed, configuring it now...

I can log into appadmin and the JTAPI and ICD subsystems are in
service... So, I am definitely connecting to the directory...

When I open Cisco Desktop Administrator (to configure agents and
stuff), I get the following error:

"Disconnected from primary Directory Service, will try to connect to
backup services. This process may take time and further update
attempts may fail. Continue with the reconneciton?"

I hit yes... and eventually, I get this:

"Failed to bind to LDAP server. Can't contact LDAP server."

The MIVR log shows the following:

883: Jun 24 11:54:02.656 CDT %MIVR-SS_ENT_SRV-3-ERROR_LOAD_LDAP:Fail
to read LDAP INFO: Exception=Exception caught:
javax.naming.CommunicationException: 10.0.0.112:8404 [Root exception
is java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out: connect]

Which would be fine, but the DC Directory isn't at 10.0.0.112... I
have it by host name and it resolves to 10.0.0.121 (where it actually
is).

So, I find in the registry, this:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\SPANLINK\Site Setup

I change LDAP_HOSTA the IP to the right one... but the password is
wrong and now I get:

877: Jun 24 12:07:42.171 CDT %MIVR-SS_ENT_SRV-3-ERROR_LOAD_LDAP:Fail
to read LDAP INFO: Exception=Exception caught:
javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid
credentials]

The password is in the same registry location in LDAP_PWD,
encrypted... So, I copy the encrypted password from the ccndir.ini and
paste it in there... and no luck, same error, invalid credentials...

So, I reboot.

No change.

I delete the repository and reset it up, no change...

How do I fix this? It looks like appadmin (CRA itself) can connect to
DC Directory fine, but Desktop Admin is using other stuff and can't...
How do I reinitialize this?

Jonathan