[cisco-voip] CallManager DR scenario

Carter, Bill bcarter at sentinel.com
Mon Jun 26 17:07:33 EDT 2006

Actually it isn't a bad idea to have drives available for cold standby.
IPCC Express cold standby servers will be located at the DR site.  The
subnet will be extended to the DR site via metro fiber.  When the rotate
drives for IPCC they can have standby drives for the DR site.

I need to think about server placement and groups.  I was thinking of
the Publisher being a "Glass House" server.  CM groups would be
configured with primary and secondary as HQCM02 and DRCM04, or HQCM03
and DRCM05.

Maybe I could do this:
Group A - HQCM02, DRCM04, HQCM01
Group B - HQCM03, DRCM05, HQCM01

In this scenario, during a prolonged outage, I could put HQCM01 drives
into the DRCM05 server.  Then devices would register to either DRCM04 or
HQCM01 server.