[cisco-voip] CallManager DR scenario

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 19:00:56 EDT 2006

The way I configured my device pools was something like:

pub at main site.

sub A, sub B at main site
Sub C, sub D at secondary site

I split campus up into two areas, phones in one area go to the main site and
in the other go to the secondary.
CCM Groups: ABC, BAD, CDA, DCB

then based on the primary line of a phone:
ABC = even numbered DN's in main area
BAD = odd numbered DN's in main area
CDA = even numbered DN's in second area
DCB = odd numbered DN's in second area

this way either site can cover if the other goes offline, and the loads are
relatively well balanced on each server. have a seperate TFTP Server at the
main site that could turn into a subscriber if needed, and a spare server at
the secondary site that could be pub or sub if needed. Has worked out well
so far, havent had to rebuild any servers yet though (jinx!)

--
Ed Leatherman
IP Telephony Coordinator