[cisco-voip] VG224 questions

Evi Pekou PEKOU at gr.ibm.com
Tue Jun 27 04:51:40 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have the following setup PSTN->2821->VG224->Fax Machines with VG224
configured for MGCP (IOS 12.4-2.T3, CCM 4.1.3)
and fax pass-through.
Users are constantly complaining about problems sending and receiving
faxes.
I have noticed that the FXS ports on the VG224 are off-hook, while the fax
 machines connected to these port are idle
and the RTMT shows that the FXS ports are idle. With a port reset the
problem is solved.

Can anyone please suggest an IOS version to use for VG224?
Is SCCP configuration preffered over MGCP? What about fax pass-through
versus fax-relay?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards,
Evi