[cisco-voip] Different rings on the same phone set?

Andre Beck cisco-voip at ibh.net
Tue Jun 27 13:21:48 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 02:52:26PM -0400, Lelio Fulgenzi wrote:
> I'm hoping to clear up (unless someone already has and is willing to share) whether or not I can simply copy the ringlist.xml file to the alternate ringlist.xml file and have it supported by TAC. This way, you can use all ringtypes on all lines.

Ugh. I'm building a grand unified Ringlist by merging Ringlist.xml and
DistinctiveRinglist.xml from the very day I found out what the Distinctive
one is all about. Never had a problem with it. I didn't even remotely
think about it would be TAC unsupported, as ringlists are clearly stated
to be user-editable everywhere. Is DistinctiveRinglist.xml something
special? One could think so, given the fact that it just contains some
very short and useless ringers, but I attributed this to sloppyness on
the side of the developers...

--
                  The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-