[cisco-voip] Paging on a 7936

Lyon, John R. jrlyon at Trinsic.com
Wed Jun 28 20:56:54 EDT 2006

I have a stubborn 7936 conference station that won't pick up the pages
from a dn that is sending the pages to a multicast address.  This is
using a CME setup.  The phones at the site and the conference station
are on the same switch and the phones pick up the pages, so it doesn't
appear to be a multicasting issue.  I've added the paging-dn line to the
7936's ephone config exactly as it is on all the other phones in the
office, yet they work and it doesn't.  Everything else on the 7936 seems
to be ok... inside and outside phone calls, registration with the CME,
etc.  Just to be sure it wasn't hardware, we've swapped out the 7936,
but still no joy in Mudville.  Any ideas as to what might be amiss would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John