[cisco-voip] IPCC VoIP Monitor

Brain Whistler brainwhistler at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 00:44:43 EST 2006

Well, according to Cisco Product suite Service
Information that VoIP Monitor only supports Cisco Hard
Phone i.e. (7940 & 7960) and softphones with Media
Termination, where as I was using Cisco IP Softphone
1.3.(4). After I installed IP Communicator 1.1.3, VoIP
monitor starts Monitoring calls as well as recording
but one way recording (Agent's voice was recorded but
not the caller) while silent monitoring was two way.

The only reason i can see now is that the Voice
Gateway resides at Telco's End and is not registered
with CallManager and I directly send my voice traffic
to that Gateway and there is no way to get MAC address
of the Gateway over WAN. Is there any other way to
monitor RTP stream from Gateway in my scenario, I mean
SPAN configuration. Isn't it strange that Silent
Monitoring is two way but Recording is one way?

Regards

Brain

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/crscomtx.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a00801ee853.shtml