[cisco-voip] SIP / MGCP Integration ?

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Fri Mar 3 09:29:47 EST 2006

With the PRI backhauled to CM via MGCP all calls are sent directly to
CM.  You can either add the SIP trunk to CM or change the gateway to
H.323.

-Ryan

On Mar 3, 2006, at 6:26 AM, Alan Su wrote:

Dear All,

I have a CCM 4.0, and one IOS router (3640) configured MGCP gateway
with T1 PRI trunk to Nortel PBX. It works just fine.
Right now I would like to configure the router as SIP gateway to
communicate with SIP server, but it seems not work out.
Because the T1 configured as "pri-group timeslot 1-24 service mgcp",
I was wondering if SIP can use the trunk to reach PBX or not.
Or does SIP can work with MGCP in the same router? Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Alan