[cisco-voip] Procedure to do the Xfer from Unity to Meet me

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 23:46:58 EST 2006

To set up the MeetMe transfer from Unity:

OK, here's what I did:

Create a CTI Route Point called CTI_MeetMe, in Unity, create a CallHandler
called MeetMeCH, give it the extension of the CTI Route Point... under
greetings, create a standard greeting for the MeetMe... Mine says, "When
prompted, enter the Conference ID, press pound and then the number 1," also,
set the "After Greeting" to send caller to "Caller System Transfer" and
uncheck the "Allow Caller Input" under During Greeting.

Under Caller Input (under the CH), uncheck "Allow callers to dial an
extension during greeting"

Go to Call Management - > Restriction Tables, and add the following to the
{Default Transfer} table, 53?? (which is my MeetMe range), and click the
radio button for yes under 'allow this string'

First off, you need to make sure the conference is active BEFORE you dial
into it.

When you dial the CTI Route Point, you will hear your prompt, then Unity
Chick will say, "Enter the number you wish to transfer to." You then enter
your MeetMe ID, press pound, and then she says, "transfer to [number], press
one, enter a different number, press two."

And you will be placed into the conference.

If the meeting is not already active (e.g. someone has already opened the
conference), the call will disconnect.

I am still playing with it, I need to figure out a way to kick the system
transfer message, so it will say, "You will now be placed into conference,"
or, "That conference is invalid"

The reason for all of this was that we had a customer who had an 800 number
set up for conference calls, and wanted to add security to it.

Our solution was to expand the MeetMe block to over 1000 numbers, this way,
it would be unlikely that people would get the right conference ....

Jonathan